Lois Erbland has been a hand weaver for 45 years. She graduated Magna cum Laude in Professional Crafts Fiber at Haywood Community College on May or 2008. She is a RN, critical care, and home care manager, but no longer practicing. She has just started exhibiting her work in textiles. She spins, knits, embroiders and beads as well as weaves. Her Business is call Warpology Studio
- 2008 Graduated with an Associates degree in Applied Science, A.A.S from Haywood Community College Professional Craft / Fiber
- 1985 Graduated from Owens Technical college, Toledo OH, with a GN A. D. N. Associates degree in Science ( RN) with honors.
- 1975 Graduated from West Shore Community College, Ludington MI with a GPN (LPN)
Workshops and Additional Education:
- 2006 ABI certification at Haywood Community College Clyde NC
- 2005 “On Loom Shibori” taught by Kay Faulkner at MI Conference, Holland MI
- 2005 Workshop “Staying Fresh” Haywood Community College
- 1998 Lace Exchange with the Weaver’s online group
- 1997 “Thick N Thin” workshop taught by Madelyn Van Der Hoogt
- 1997 Workshop on ” Getting The Best Shed on a Glimakra Loom” by Madelyn Van Der Hoogt.
- 1994 ” Warp Dyeing” workshop with Stacy Boas and Nor’Craft Weavers guild, Ludington MI
- 1992 “Lace” workshop with Nor’Craft weavers guild
- 1980 “Warping With a Warping Board” in my home in Toledo, Ohio taught by a student from Bowling Green College
- 1973 Week long beginning weaving class taught by Melvina McGarr, at Norwood Weaving Shop in Baldwin, MI
- 2008 Blue Ridge Handweaving show Award , 2nd place Accessories ( Amateur)
- 2008 Student Showcase, Folk Art Center on the parkway in Asheville NC
- 2008 Schacht Student Showcase exhibition at Convergence in Grand Rapids MI
- 2007 Southern Highland Fall Guild sale with Haywood Studio
- 1995 Awarded first place in “Best Belt” contest, Nor’Craft Weavers Guild, Ludington Mi Collection of belts from guild in a display at the MI Conference of Handweavers.
- 2005 “On Loom Shibori” to Nor’Craft Weavers Guild Ludington MI
- 2000 “Homespun Handwoven Fabric” to Nor’Craft Weavers Guild
- 1997 ” Computers And Weaving” Nor’Craft Weavers Guild